- What systems does the Interoptex iPaaS integrate with?
- The Interoptex iPaaS integrates with all major EMR and Practice Management systems, including but not limited to Meditech, Epic, Cerner, Athena, CPSI, eClinicalWorks, Allscripts, and many more. We can integrate with any system that can send or receive data, regardless of format. The only requirement is that our iPaaS must have an endpoint for inbound and outbound data, be that a TCP/IP connection, a RESTful API, an SFTP client or server connection, or even a direct database connection.
- What data formats can the Interoptex iPaaS process?
- The interoptex iPaaS can process all major healthcare data formats, and even custom formats! We process everything from HL7 v2 (ADT, ORU, MDM, ORM, DFT, MFN, etc.), to C-CDA documents, to X12 formats (835, 837, 270, 271), to custom-made formats with set delimiters or set field widths. Chances are if we can get the data, we can process it.
- What exactly do you do with my data when you pick it up from one endpoint and deliver to another?
- We include any necessary code for data-shaping and business logic to deliver the dataset to the receiving endpoint. This work, which most integration partners charge exhorbitant fees to render, is built-in to your subscription fee. Our integration guides will work directly with your team during implementation to re-shape data and make appropriate decisions about how the data should be delivered to the receiving endpoint. This could take the form of stripping special characters for certain data points, matching against specific facility ID’s to route your data to a specific destination based on a data point within the dataset, or cross-walking a numeric identifier to an NPI, for instance.
- Are you willing to cross walk data points in our dataset?
- Yes! We excel at data mapping and are happy to maintain crosswalk tables specific to your organization. We will work with your team to establish a protocol for updating any crosswalk tables we host for data mapping.
- We want to make a RESTful API call to give you our dataset. How do we do that?
- Interoptex has a secure API call that we give to clients that prefer to post their dataset to us. This API call uses basic auth, JSON or XML formatting, and only includes three datapoints, the first is a proprietary client identifier, the next is a text string indicating the format of your dataset (e.g. ‘XML’, ‘C-CDA’, ‘837 Batch’), and the final datapoint is the actual dataset generated by your system. We’ll take it from there.
- I heard you guys have a subscription-based plan. Why is that, and what do I get for my subscription fee?
- Yes, Interoptex uses a subscription-based billing plan to lower the barrier to entry for growing healthcare organizations that need to integrate quickly, but don’t have an enormous capital budget to help them get started. Your Interoptex iPaaS subscription fee includes all upfront development, implementation support (including direct contact with your system vendors), and ‘round the clock monitoring.
- Interoptex iPaaS billing is based on number of integrations. How do you define an integration?
- Interoptex defines an integration as a connection to an individual instance of a medical system (or endpoint, network folder, database, or SFTP folder used by an instance of a medical system) for purpose of transmitting data. Each integration includes 3 data models. Examples of data models depend on the formats involved in the integration, but typically a single data model would be considered:
- A single HL7 message type in HL7 integrations
- A single API call (GET Patients, GET Providers, etc.)
- A single proprietary CSV, XML, JSON, or flat file
- A single-system generated CCD
For clarity we’ll provide a billing example:
In this scenario the Client has two customers sending data through IPAAS. One of the Client’s customers, Hospital Network A, has two systems sending data, and both systems are sending inbound CCD’s. This would be counted as one billable integration to hospital A, because only two of the three available data models are being consumed for that integration.
Client also has a second customer, Hospital Network B, which has five sites all using a single EMR. This single EMR is sending several types of HL7 data. ADT, SIU, and DFT. The total number of integrations for Hospital Network B would also be one. Even though these the data models/messages are comprised of data from five sites, they are coming from a single source EMR.
Between Hospital Network A, Hospital Network B, and the Client’s dedicated connection, the Client would receive a monthly bill from the Provider of two billable integrations.
- Are you HIPAA compliant?
- Yes! We ensure all of the following controls are in place to ensure HIPAA compliance for our customers:
- All data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- All iPaaS servers are installed with an aggressive IDS, IPS, DLP, antivirus, and antimalware agent that reports detected threats to our IS team in real time.
- Only appropriate personnel on the Interoptex team will have access to your data.
- We maintain monitoring and logging at the network, OS, and interface levels around the clock and respond to any detected high priority incidents on nights or weekends.
- Check out documentation on additional controls.
- How do I know how much data my Interoptex iPaaS instance is processing?
- We provide access for all our clients to the Interoptex Integration Health Portal, which gives your organization (and if desired, your clients with which we’re integrated) access to a bird’s eye view of your integration metrics. The portal display interactive charts that detail:
- What formats of data you’re processing
- How much data of each type has been processed
- How many of your transactions have been successful, and if they haven’t been successful, what error codes were generated during processing
- How do I know how much data my Interoptex iPaaS instance is processing?
We plan to add many more features to the Integration Health Portal as time goes on!
- Wait! I have another question you haven’t answered!
- Feel free to submit any outstanding questions to our inbound information desk at
email@example.com and we’ll respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!
Simplify Your Data Integration Needs Using iPaaS
Healthcare Standards for Interoperability
Challenges in Achieving Healthcare Interoperability
Does HIPAA Require Data at Rest Encryption?
What You Need to Know About Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Standard
Why is Interoperability Important to Healthcare Delivery?
How We Implement Your Solution
Once you’ve reached out to us (via our contact page) one of our Integration Guides will connect with you to schedule an exploration call.
During the call we’ll work with you to determine your needs and find the best approach for implementing your solution.
Scope of Work Development
After the discovery call, an Integration Guide will work with you to develop a scope of work for the best healthcare IT solutions, for your approval, complete with target dates for the following phases:
- Requirements Gathering
- Initial Deployment and Configuration
- Testing and Feedback
- Revision and Confirmation
- Go-Live Support
Progress and Delivery
During these phases, Interoptex will guide you through the process with recurring calls and a regularly updated project plan that is shared with all business owners attached to the project to ensure a rapid path to the delivery of your solution, whether it’s one of our HIPAA compliant hosting environments or other various healthcare IT solutions.
Once your interfaces are implanted your team can use Interoptex’s integration health portal to gain insight into your integration data pool. See how much data you’re processing, all formats processed, and the status of all your data types using Interoptex’s one-of-a-kind integration portal.
Interoptex considers itself a partner to our customers, and will work diligently with your team to lay out your integration roadmap. We’ll ensure you have the implementation support, technical expertise, and feedback to improve your integration capabilities in response to healthcare’s rapidly changing data ecosystem. From getting you setup on our HIPAA compliant hosting environments to insights into your integration data pool, Interoptex will provide world class communication for your healthcare IT solutions.
Thursday Thoughts: I am the Patient Experience: Building a Culture of Ownership to Engage Patients as Partners One Nurse shares her experiences - accountable vs. ownership – nurses that felt ownership are intrinsically motivated by pride and engagement and do what...